- Carl Stone: STOLEN CAR Chosen for Top Ten 2020 by The Wire
The January 2021 (Issue 443) edition of The Wire has chosen STOLEN CAR, Carl’s Fall 2020 release on Unseen Worlds as Number 10 in their annual round-up “Rewind 2020”!
- The WIRE Reviews Latest Album “Stolen Car”
The redoubtable Emily Bick of The WIRE Reviews Latest Album “Stolen Car”
- LUCA Publishes Spanish Language Interview With Carl Stone
Spanish language Webzine LUCA has published Carl’s first extensive Spanish language interview.
Webzine en español LUCA ha publicado la primera entrevista extensa en español de Carl.
- Baroo & Himalaya Albums Both Named “Best of 2019” by The Wire, Pitchfork, Artforum, Bandcamp
Both Carl Stone album releases from 2019 found their ways onto a number of Best of the Year lists, from Artforum to The Wire.
Himalaya: Best of 2019 14/100
“The world’s pop music has become putty in Stone’s hands. Each piece could, in theory, keep reassembling its particles infinitely”
Baroo: Best of 2019 27/100
“Like a vivd ...
- Full Review of HIMALAYA in The Wire’s December 2019 Issue
Carl Stone made the wise decision to split his latest creations over several releases.
Carl Stone Himalaya Unseen Worlds CD/DL/2xLP
It takes 35 minutes to reach the summit of Carl Stone’s new Himalaya. To arrive there, you ascend through manically cut up and overlaid Afrobeats, funk and hiphop grooves together with a tasty disco riff that ...
- The Wire’s review of Himalaya, my latest release
Happy to report, The Wire’s review of Himalaya, my latest release, is pretty much a rave.
Excerpt: It takes 35 minutes to reach the summit of Carl Stone’s new Himalaya. To arrive there, you ascend through manically cut up and overlaid Afrobeats, funk and hiphop grooves together with a tasty disco riff that reassembles the very ...
- The Wire reviews my latest release on Unseen Worlds
“It’s terrific….Stone is still ahead of the game when it comes to his knack for discovering a world of music in a grain of sound.”
Baroo The Wire Review April 2019
- The Wire Includes Us In The Top Ranks of Their Annual Roundup
Wire year end 2018
- The Wire Reviews Realistic Monk at Cafe Oto for its Historic 400th Issue
“Drones and soundscapes in the cosy interior of Cafe Oto are the ideal counterpoint to a dank early spring afternoon in London, but the real draw that’s brought so many out are solo and combined performances by two innovating musicians…put the two together, the soft and subtle crafting of Miki Yui and the popped out ...
- British Literary Mag Hotel Publishes Jack Goldstein’s Treatise on Carl Stone’s “VIM”
Jack Goldstein makes the inevitable connection between Carl Stone’s eighties composition VIM, the Beach Boys, Thai food and Karl Marx’s economic analogies, all while sharing Turkish food and talking to Carl in London.
go back to Press Clippings
go back to Recordings